Have you heard about “getting your colors done”? Or color analysis? Today I’m sharing some reasons your should get a professional color analysis for you and your business!
I recently got my colors done through a lovely company called Created Colorful. A friend shared one of their posts on Instagram to her stories, I watched, and I was hooked!
The woman in the video was showing how she tries on all her outfit selections before her branding shoot. (Great piece of advice, btw). And then, upon doing a deep dive into her account I learned that she and her team offer color analysis.
What is Color Analysis?
Color analysis is where they look at your skin tone, eye color, and hair color, and pair them with the colors that look best on you. These colors will bring out your eyes, brighten your skin, and complement your hair.
Because not every color looks good on everyone!
I learned that I am a “Clear Winter” so jewel tones and bright colors look best on me. I learned that neutral, muted, earthy colors do not look so good on me.
Have you ever had your colors analyzed? I found it to be a fun and interesting process. The team at Created Colorful makes it super easy to complete the process virtually.
Here are my own results from Created Colorful. Now, when I go shopping, I know what colors to look for and I don’t feel like I “should” be wearing neutrals or browns or dusty colors because I know they do not look good on me.
Color Analysis Benefits
You may be wondering what the big deal is. Well, there are benefits to getting your colors done. A color analysis for your skin tone and clothing can have several benefits, including:
- Improved appearance: By selecting clothing in colors that complement your skin tone, you can enhance your natural beauty and create a more harmonious look.
- Increased confidence: When you know what colors look best on you, you’ll feel more confident in your appearance, not stuck second guessing if it looks good.
- More efficient shopping: With a color analysis, you’ll have a clear understanding of what colors you should be looking for when shopping, which will make the process quicker, easier, and more efficient. Sort by color when shopping online!
- Better wardrobe coordination: You’ll be able to create a wardrobe capsule that is cohesive and easy to mix and match, which will save you time and stress when getting dressed in the morning.
- Increased versatility: By understanding your skin tone and the colors that complement it, you’ll be able to create a wardrobe that is versatile and suitable for a variety of occasions.
- Cost savings: By purchasing clothing in colors that you know will look good on you, you’ll be less likely to waste money on items that don’t flatter your appearance.
Overall, a color analysis can be a valuable investment for anyone looking to improve their appearance, feel more confident, and make the most of their wardrobe.
Color Analysis for Business and Branding
One of the top questions I get asked by clients when it comes to a branding session is what should they wear. However, I don’t necessarily suggest what colors they should wear because that has always felt like a personal preference. Most people know what colors they like.
But do those colors look good on them?
That is the answer that color analysis unlocks.
After I got my colors done, I realized how powerful getting your colors done could be for business owners. Branding photoshoots are an investment, and to get the most out of the time together, it’s best to do it right.
When a business owner looks confident in photos, it creates this magnetic effect. Now imagine if that business owner was wearing colors that really made them pop. They would be next level.
Feel More Confident During Your Branding Session
When you know that you’re wearing the colors that look best on you, you’re going to feel even more confident going into a branding session or headshot session.
This is why I recommend color analysis for business and branding. I want nothing more than for business owners to feel confident and put together during a branding session.
I know how nerve wracking it can feel to be in front of the camera. So what a better way to get in front of the camera than with colors that look amazing on you!
You can have the confidence that the colors you’re wearing are right for your skin tone, eye color, and hair color.
MORE RESOURCES TO GET PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS
HELPFUL RESOURCES ABOUT PERSONAL BRANDING PHOTOGRAPHY
READY TO BOOK YOUR OWN Branding Photos?
Step 1. Get in Touch – click and contact today
Step 2. Discovery Call – we’ll chat about your business and your vision for brand photos
Step 3. Book your Shoot – if we’re a “match” let’s get you on the schedule and start planning