Looking for a personal brand photographer?
If you’re in business, then you’re also marketing and promoting your products and services. And you need photos to showcase those products and services. So if you’ve been doing the photos yourself, you might be wondering why hire a personal brand photographer?
And actually, I don’t recommend a brand photoshoot to every inquiry that comes into my business. Shocking, I know. But I’m here to recommend the best option for you and your business.
So you might be wondering how to know if you’re ready to hire a personal brand photographer. And if you even should.
Who Benefits from Personal Brand Photography?
If you’re a business and you’re also building a personal brand to back it up (I think you should!) then you are the perfect candidate for personal brand photography.
Personal brand photography encompasses photos that include headshots, lifestyle photos, tools of your trade, behind the scenes, flatlays, products, and more. These photos become assets in your business that you can use for marketing and promotion and everything in between.
However, if you’re just starting out in business, you’re probably not ready for a full blown brand photoshoot. There are some telltale signs to watch for if you want to know if you’re ready.
3 Secrets to Know You’re Ready to Hire a Personal Brand Photographer
- Your Brand Identity – I’ve seen enough clients who are excited about starting a business and they jump the gun and get photos right away. The challenge with hiring a brand photography straight out the gate is that you may not have any branding in place. Consequently, photos may feel random and disjointed without a clear target or plan.
- Your Target Client Persona – One of the biggest things that brand photos accomplish, is that done correctly, they will be taken with your ideal client in mind. They are meant to attract and connect with your target client persona. So if you don’t know who you’re targeting, it makes it a lot more difficult to create photos that are targeted and strategic.
- Purpose & Goals – You need to know how and where you want to use your photos. While you’ll get pretty photos, without purpose, what’s the point? Sometimes clients come to me with vague ideas for the photos, but when it comes to actually using them, they don’t have exactly what they need.
What Is the Most Common Mistake When Choosing a Brand Photographer?
The biggest mistake I see business owners make when choosing a photographer for their business is that they hire anyone. They hire their friend the photographer who perhaps specializes in newborn photography. Or they hire a photographer who doesn’t understand branding, marketing, or business. Sometimes they think, “Oh it’s just photos, not that big of a deal.”
Brand photography is strategic and intentional. Photos are taken in order to attract the client’s ideal customer. They are not just “pretty photos” they serve a particular purpose whether it’s on a sales page, a headshot, a hero shot, and more.
When searching for a photographer, make sure to specifically look for “brand photographer near me” or “personal branding photographer near me”. Take the time to explore their website and portfolio: does their photographic style resonate with you? Do you believe their work aligns with your branding and content?
How do you decide who to hire? I recommend scheduling a discovery call with photographers you’re considering and getting a feel of the photographer’s style and personality. Choose the photographer who you vibe with best.
When Is the Ideal Time to Hire a Branding Photographer?
The ideal time to hire a personal brand photographer is under the following situations:
- you’re establishing your brand (with a brand designer)
- you’re going through a rebrand (with a brand designer or website designer)
- building or enhancing your personal brand
- launching a new product, service, or other offer
If you’re spending good money building your brand assets, you should also invest in professional photos too.
Are you ready to elevate your visual content with stunning personal brand photos? Click here to preview my personal brand photo packages.
Branding Photography Resources for Business Owners
If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur in the North Dallas area, including Frisco, McKinney, Prosper, Celina, Plano, Little Elm, and more – and you’re looking for a branding shoot with a photographer with a proven planning process in place, I’m ready to chat!
Step 1. Get in Touch – click and contact today
Step 2. Discovery Call – we’ll chat about your business and your vision for brand photos
Step 3. Book your Shoot – if we’re a “match” let’s get you on the schedule and start planning