Personal Branding Photos for Realtors
Let’s talk personal branding photos for realtors. Why do they matter to growing your real estate business? What are they and do you need them as a realtor? So this blog post is all about the importance of personal branding photos for real estate professionals.
What are personal branding photos?
Personal branding photos are professional images of you that showcase your brand and personality. You can use these photos in your marketing materials, both in print and digital, which will help with your like, know, and trust factor which is huge for real estate clients.
Researchers from Georgia Institute of Technology and Yahoo Labs reviewed 1.1 million photos on Instagram and concluded that pictures with human faces were 38% more likely to receive likes than photos with no faces. They are also 32% more likely to attract comments.
The Benefits of Personal Branding Photography for real estate pros
If you’re a real estate agent, you know how important it is for you to stand out. There are so many real estate agents out there. And you want your clients to choose YOU.
In this digital marketing world, it’s critical for you to stay consistent and top of mind to your sphere of influence. Sadly, many real estate agents make the mistake of either only showcasing homes and photos of their clients with a “sold” sign, or worse, not showing up at all.
The solution: branding photos for realtors.
Here are the top benefits of personal branding photos:
- Helps you stand out from the crowd
- Establishes a like, know, trust factor
- Shows your professionalism, authority, and credibility
- Sharing your personality helps you make connections and build relationships
- Helps you become a familiar face and display a consistent look
- Builds more confidence (for you and for your client hiring you)
- Saves time
- Builds brand recognition
- Creates opportunity to be featured or interviewed on more blogs and websites
Think of all the big name brokerages, they are usually named after a person – right? That is a personal brand. And if you have dreams of scaling your business, having personal brand photos will help you get there faster through consistency in marketing yourself.
Identify your unique selling points with real estate branding photography
Before you start taking photos, it’s important to identify your unique selling points. What sets you apart from other real estate agents? Is it your expertise in a particular neighborhood? Your exceptional customer service? Your ability to sell homes quickly? Once you’ve identified your unique selling points, you can use branding photography to showcase them.
For example, if you specialize in luxury homes, you might take photos of high-end finishes and amenities. If you’re known for your knowledge of a particular neighborhood, you might take photos of local landmarks and attractions. By highlighting your unique selling points, you can attract clients who are looking for the specific services you offer.
Use the photos to create a cohesive brand image
Once you have captured your unique selling points through branding photography, it’s important to use those photos to create a cohesive brand image. Use the same color scheme and style across all of your marketing materials, including your website, social media profiles, and print materials. This will help to create a consistent and recognizable brand that will attract more clients and set you apart from your competitors. Consider hiring a graphic designer to help you create a professional and polished look for your brand.
Where to use your Personal Branding Photos for Realtors
- Social Media Platforms
- Website and Blog
- Email Signature
- Features, Write-Ups, and Interviews
- Print & Digital Marketing Material
Images to Request from Your Photographer
- Updated, Modern, Lifestyle Headshots
- Connection Images – Like a lifestyle headshot but with props, fun poses, and showcasing your personality
- Horizontal & Vertical Images
- Full Length & 3/4 – from mid-thigh and up
- Personality – Think various facial expressions, props, hobbies, etc.
- Empty/Negative Space – leave blank space in the frame so you can add text to your image later
Why You Should Take Personal Branding Photos Quarterly
I recommend scheduling personal branding photos for realtors and real estate agents quarterly. As evidenced in the last 12-18 months, the market can shift dramatically from a seller’s market to a buyer’s market and vice versa. It’s key to have fresh images to educate and inform your audience of the current climate of the real estate market.
Why should you schedule photo shoots quarterly as a real estate professional? Taking images quarterly allows you to batch your photos for the upcoming quarter all in one sitting. It’s great to get it planned out and done so that you have one less thing to think about when you’re busy with new listings, showing homes, and attending closings.
How to Find a Personal Branding Photographer for Realtors
You’re persuaded you need branding photos for realtors. It’s time to get a personal branding shoot on the calendar. Now, let’s talk about finding a photographer to hire in your area.
(Hi, you found one! If you’re in Dallas, hit me up!)
Finding a photographer that fits your personality and brand aspirations is an important part of setting up your real estate brand for success.
On Instagram, navigate to the “Tags” tab and search phrases like…
Browse the photos that use these tags. See images that you like the style of? Click on the account and reach out to the photographer to check on pricing and availability.
Of course, another great way of looking for a personal branding photographer in your area is to search on Google. Thanks to the behemoth that is Google, you can search for things like…
- branding photographer near me
- lifestyle photographer near me
- brand photographer for realtors near me
- branding photos for realtors near me
When you use the “near me” search term, Google will give you results for photographers in your area, instead of all of Google. Or, if you don’t let Google know your location, then go ahead and use your nearest big city.
- Dallas Brand Photographer
- Dallas Lifestyle Photographer
- Brand Photographer for Realtors in Dallas
Again, if you’re in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex looking for personal branding photos for your real estate business, click here to contact me.
What to Look for in a Personal Branding Photographer
When it comes to choosing the right photographer, make sure they check these boxes:
- Specializes in brand photography
- Style of photography – including how they edit
- They help you plan and prepare for your shoot
- They will guide and direct you during the shoot
- What others are saying about working with that photographer
Location Ideas for your Personal Brand Photo Shoot
Next up, where to take your photos. Branding photos for realtors should take place where you do business! Think of the your top three areas that you love working in.
Keep reading for some favorite location ideas:
Your Home or Airbnb
Before you book a space or decide to shoot in your home, ask your photographer if the lighting in your home is sufficient for a photoshoot. Shooting at home allows you to get cozy in your home office, with your pets, and showing a bit of who you are in your own home. Or, make it a staycation and rent a beautiful local Airbnb. And to get the most out of your shoot, make sure you work with your photographer to ensure you have good lighting. I can’t emphasize this enough. Lighting matters to achieve the look you want.
A Listing or Model Home
Have an amazing listing or know of a gorgeous model home? Or maybe not? Ask other agents in your office, a new construction project, or a local staging company to use theirs. Offer to tag them in the photos and behind the scenes content as a way to give them exposure too.
A Home Studio List or Peerspace Listing
Home Studio List is a great resource for renting homes for photo shoots and productions. They have beautiful listings all over the United States. Peerspace is another great resource for renting homes that are available specifically for photoshoots.
A Popular Destination in your City
Have a bustling downtown area? A cute street nearby? A popular mural? A nice park? Take photos there! Walking down the street, sitting on a bench or riding a bike. Showing off your local highlights is a great way to build your authority on the cities you work in.
Local Shops, Restaurants, Coffee Houses
Feature local coffee shops, bars, shops or restaurants in your next branding shoot. Make sure to tag these businesses in your photos – they may repost the shot, resulting in more exposure.
A Local Photo Studio
Next, get your Google fingers out and search for a local photo studio. Some studios have great interior setups that mimic a home living room or dining area. You can also find photo studio listings on Peerspace.
Choose the right location and time of day
When it comes to real estate branding photography, location and timing are key. Choose a location that showcases your unique selling points, whether it’s a stunning view, a beautiful garden, or a unique architectural feature.
Consider the time of day as well, as lighting can make a big difference in the quality of your photos. Early morning or late afternoon are often the best times for outdoor shots, as the light is softer and more flattering. For indoor shots, make sure the space is well-lit and free of clutter.
Shot List and Pose Ideas for Branding Photos for Realtors
Feeling good about where to take your branding photos for realtors? Next up, let’s talk about your shot list and poses.
Kitchen & Dining Room
- Leaning against the counter
- Working at your laptop, acting as if on a zoom call
- Sitting on the counter with your drink of choice
- Arranging flowers on the kitchen counter or dining table
- Writing in a thank you card, planner or notebook
- Checking things off of a clipboard (as if inspecting, or doing a final walkthrough)
- Working on your computer, phone, or writing in a journal on the couch
- Lifestyle poses in a chair, loveseat, or on the couch
- Sprucing up decorations, fluffing pillows, making “final touches” to a listing
- Relaxing on the couch with your drink of choice
Outside a Listing
- Getting ready for an open house: putting a sign or balloons in the yard
- Holding out a key and/or a lock box in front of a door
- Opening the door as if letting a client inside
- Lifestyle photo in front of a nice exterior wall
- Holding your sign riders out (sold, under contract, coming soon, etc)
- Holding a closing gift basket
Out & About
- Walking down a popular city street or neighborhood sidewalk
- At your favorite local coffee shop, or with a branded coffee cup
- Working at a local coffee shop, or holding up a buyer guide
- At your favorite local businesses, with a branded shopping bag or item
- Meeting with a client or co-worker
- Holding out any of your printed guides, checklists, or resources
- Popping champagne, tossing confetti, or “celebrating”
- Writing in a notebook
- Open house prep: setting up flyers, treats, etc
- Holding out your phone (tip: you can add something in Canva to the screen if you hold your phone straight out)
- Arranging decor or cleaning as if preparing a listing
- Sitting on a porch, by a pool, or at an outdoor set up
Prop Ideas for your Real Estate Branding Photoshoot
Next, let’s talk about props for your photoshoot. Props are a great way to liven up a basic headshot and show your personality to your audience.
Be sure to grab a few of these props to use during your shoot and have fun with it!
- Work Essentials: Laptop, phone, calculator, planner
- Lockbox / Pair of keys
- Personal Signs and Riders
- Bottle of champagne or confetti
- Clipboard & Pen
- Your work drink of choice
- Blank letterboard
- Thank you cards
- Closing gift
- Flower arrangement
Create an Outfit List
Next, let’s talk about outfits. As we discussed, one of the benefits of a quarterly branding photo shoot is to batch images for the upcoming quarter. Think ahead to the upcoming season. If you live in an area where you experience all four seasons, make your wardrobe choices to fit with the season.
You can create variety in your photos is by bringing several outfits to wear during your shoot. Let your photographer know you want to take photos with different outfits on, so you can plan accordingly for your shoot.
When choosing outfits, consider your brand’s color palette. What is your brand vibe? Is it bright and clean? Neutral and calm? Vibrant and lively? Keep that in mind when selecting clothing colors and textures.
Pro Tip: make sure to try on all your outfits before your photoshoot, so you’re sure you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit, that will translate in your photos!
I hope this post about branding photos for realtors was helpful! It’s key for real estate professionals to show and share their personality and personal brand in order to stand out from the crowd. Because the landscape is crowded, but there is only ONE YOU.
HELPFUL RESOURCES TO PREPARE FOR YOUR BRAND PHOTO SHOOT
READY TO BOOK YOUR OWN BRANDING PHOTOS FOR REALTORS?
Step 1. Get in Touch – click here to get started
Step 2. Discovery Call – we’ll chat about your business and your vision for brand photos
Step 3. Book your Shoot – if we’re a “match” let’s get you on the schedule and start planning