It’s my birthday! Cue the confetti. Pop the bubbly. Okay, not really, but if you want to hook me up with a cupcake, I won’t refuse. Calories don’t count on your birthday, right? I’m pretty sure that’s true. I thought that since it’s my birthday today that it would be fun to share some random facts.
- I’m obsessed with Nutella, but try not to keep it in the house. Because I’ll eat the whole jar if left unsupervised.
- I was born and raised in California. I’ve been living in Texas for the last five and a half years, and I’ll say that I’m finally adjusted and will use “y’all” in a sentence with ease, although I’ll still use “you guys” among California friends.
- I love NPR. Yeah, I don’t care if I sound like a super-nerd making that declaration, but I love NPR. My favorite radio shows are This American Life, Fresh Air, Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me!, A Way with Words, and Snap Judgment. The local station here in DFW is KERA. Plus, public broadcasting is also home to Masterpiece Theatre and Downton Abbey.
- Hoodies and yoga pants are my uniform. If I don’t have to leave the house, that is. I choose comfort over style when it comes to working from home.
- I’m a huge Disney fan. Even though I’m an adult now, I still enjoy Disneyland and Walt Disney World with the wonderment of a child. I don’t think I’ll ever be too old for Disney. Plus, I met my husband while interning there and that was a huge win!
- Dachshunds are my favorite. I grew up with Frieda and Walter. And now I have Kevin, my black and tan dachshund pal.
- I never planned on starting my own business. In fact, I avoided business courses in college because I figured that I would have no use for them. Little did I know what lie ahead. But I’m so glad that I decided to go for it. I have the best client in the world and get to do what I love. I don’t take that for granted.
- I watch far too much TV. I’m a TV junkie and love the following shows on TV: Once Upon a Time, How to Get Away with Murder, Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Downton Abbey, Revenge, and Law & Order: SVU. Two of my favorites that recently ended are How I Met Your Mother and Parenthood.
- I don’t like vegetables. I really wish that potatoes and corn counted because then I would LOVE vegetables. However, since they are more starches than veggies, I drink a green smoothie every day to get more veggies into my diet. My favorite recipe: 2 cups spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen fruit (berries, mango, pineapple, etc), water. Blend to smoothie consistency. Sometimes I add a couple teaspoons of Chia seeds for extra benefits.