Here we go with Week 5 of the 52 Lists Project. The 52 Lists Project was created by Moorea Seal as a year of weekly journaling inspiration that will help you discover the beauty, joy, creativity, and power you already have.
List what you would like your life to look like in ten years.
I think it’s always a fun question to dream about the future. And it’s interesting to me how much that view of the future changes as you age and come into your own person. I know that if I were to have made this list when I was 15, thinking about what life would be like when I was 25, it would be dramatically different knowing what I know now.
Owning my own business never even crossed my mind when I was in high school or in college. I didn’t think that I would be married or own a home or have a dog of my own. I mean, I guess those thoughts were there in secret, but it wasn’t anything that I dreamt of. But really, I don’t even remember what I dreamt of. I think it might have been working at a magazine…
Here’s my list of what I would like my life to look like in ten years:
- Photography business still going strong, focus on high school seniors and creative business portraits
- Expanded business to include coaching photographers, working with creative entrepreneurs
- Our own family expansion 🙂
- Move into a new house due to aforementioned reason
- Kevin still going strong, (but 10 years is a long time in dog years), adding a new younger friend for him to boss around
- Visited the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, and more Europe
- Content & happy with my life
- Healthy self, healthy spouse, healthy kids, healthy parents, healthy family
- Scholarship fund through photography business for a deserving high school senior
It’s kind of hard to think about what you want your life to look like when you’re already an adult. Maybe it just feels easier to do it when you’re younger because you haven’t experienced life as much yet.
Anyway, I want to know – what do you want your life to look like in 10 years?!