Ohh, the soundtrack of my life right now…
To be honest, I don’t listen to that much music anymore. I got really tired of all the radio stations playing the same songs. I’m also not in the car enough to want to have a subscription service like SiriusXM. But seriously, I’d turn on the radio in my car and then switch to another station, only to have the same song playing but at the different point!
So instead of getting mad at the radio, I started listening to radio programs on NPR (yes, nerd alert here!) as well as borrowing audiobooks from the library (nerd alert times two!). I do have to say, however, that the narrator’s voice on an audiobook can make it or break it. Because who thought it would be a good idea to have someone with a boring voice read their book?
However, if I were to make a list of the soundtrack of my life right now, it might sound like this:
- This American Life podcasts
- Serial episodes
- Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me podcasts
- Snap Judgment podcasts
- No Doubt – Spiderwebs & Just a Girl
- Jason Mraz – Lucky & I’m Yours
- Justin Timberlake
- Ingrid Michaelson – The Way I Am
- Lorde – pretty much the whole album
- Florence and the Machine – Dog Days Are Over & Shake It Out
- Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams & Shake It Off
- Beyonce – Crazy in Love & Run the World
- Adele – Hello & Rumor Has It
- Alessia Cara – Here
- Major Lazer – Lean On
- The Weeknd – Can’t Feel My Face (because it’s so dang catchy…not it’s underlying meaning, haha)
- Justin Beiber – Sorry (soooo catchy)
I know podcasts don’t count as soundtrack songs…but if you were to ride in my car, you hear them first, before the radio.
This is not an exhaustive list. There’s more. There are songs I forgot. But this gets things started.
What would the soundtrack of your life right now sound like?