It’s the first Monday of the new year and I finally feel like it’s the new year. With the holidays wrapped up and decorations packed away, I can confidently say, “Bring it on, 2014. I’m ready for you.”
I’m not a huge fan of “New Year’s Resolutions” because I think they inherently set us up for failure. The New Year brings the buzz of what you’re giving up or changing or adding, but then a few weeks or even days into the new year, we don’t stick to our resolutions and then we give up. Not exactly the best way to start off the year.
I do, however, believe in setting goals. And putting the steps together to make them happen. Because goals without action are simply dreams.
I love making lists. Writing it all out. I think that’s why I’m such a fan of setting goals. It’s another list.
Goal setting has been super helpful to me in the last few years, especially since starting my photography business. It allows me to track my progress. Very similar to progress photos when you’re trying to get in shape, by setting goals, you can see what you’ve done and what’s left to do.
And honestly, I love crossing items off when I’ve completed them.
So in an attempt to put my dreams and goals out there, and to keep myself accountable to myself…here are a few goals for the month of January.
– Launch the 2015 Senior Model Program this month. Last year’s batch of models are awesome – we have one shoot left with them coming up! Interested in joining the senior model team? Email me for more information!
– Finalize all marketing materials and welcome packets for the Spring
– Host Senior Models Meet & Greet info meeting
One senior session (Completed 1/5/14); two Session Premieres
– Start each morning with quiet time and devotional. I did this all of 2012 and 2013 and it helps so much to start the day off on the right foot. Last year I followed the this devotional and loved it.
– Journal every morning. I ordered this book from Amazon to help me do it. It’s a mix of funny, thought-provoking, and memory worthy prompts.
– Get moving 3-4x week. My goal, beyond losing weight this year, is to build some muscle as well. I want to be able to do regular pushups (on your toes) and hold a full plank (on your toes and the move I hated in Pure Barre!) by the end of 2014. Today is my first day back in the gym!
– Drink a green smoothie 3-4x a week. I joined the Simple Green Smoothie 30-Day Challenge, but if I’m being honest with myself, I know that 3-4x week is more realistic and doable. I do love me a good green smoothie, which is a good thing because I’m not the biggest fan of vegetables!
I definitely have some more goals, but I wanted to keep January’s list doable. And achievable.
And since I’m a list lover, here’s a link to a pretty Weekly To-Do List.
What are some of your goals this year? This month? This week?